- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1/2cup pepper/mango mixtures and 1/2 cup chicken
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 23
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1- 1/4 pounds total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 16 – ounce package frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine kiwi, mango, avocado, and lime juice. Cover and set aside. Place a chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, lightly pound chicken until 1/2-inch thickness. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a very large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from skillet; coarsely chop and keep warm. Add cumin seeds to the hot skillet. Cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add drained stir-fry vegetables, the chile pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cilantro.
- Divide pepper mixture among four serving plates. Top with chicken. Spoon mango mixture over chicken. If desired, garnish with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings (1/2 cup pepper mixture, 1/2 cup chicken breast, and a scant 1/2 cup mango mixture per serving).
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 291 cal., 10 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 66 mg chol., 217 mg sodium, 23 g carb. (5 g fiber, 14 g sugars), 29 g pro.
Lean Meat (d.e): 3.5; Fruit (d.e): 1; Vegetables (d.e): 1.5; Fat (d.e): 1;